Monday, June 22, 2009

Games could be an interesting angle

Hi,

I'm catching with reading papers (which I had downloaded a while ago...) - in one particular paper by Joy Goodman - they did a survey in Scotland about older people's computer use (online and on paper). For the me the most interesting results:

* 47% of older users like simple games (solitare) - in my survey I had 2 people saying scrabble as interest, could be an interesting angle to motivate users to take part

* Jargon and complex language could be seen as a greater barrier than physical barriers - which confirms my assumption that language in the interface plays a crucial point

* Most older computer users learnt computer use through a course - call to review the design of courses to include certain topics

would love to be able to attach the pdf, but this is not possible on blog spot
full title: OLDER ADULTS’ USE OF COMPUTERS: A SURVEY

No comments: